Beatle blog time!

It doesn't take much to stoke the latent Beatlemania in our cultural consciousness. Now it's the fortieth anniversary of the Sgt. Pepper album, and yet another opportunity to celebrate the band that totally changed the face of popular music as we know it without even trying to. Mockingbird's Medley is asking readers to name their favorite albums. I'm going with the "red" and "blue" anthology collections, mainly because my parents played them so many times when I was a little kid. It's like I grew up with the band.

Of course, I'd be stoked if the Yellow Submarine movie were reissued on DVD. Somehow, it has gone out of print and you will need to check out eBay (and pay a lot of money) to get a copy. In the meantime, there is always YouTube:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell us something we don't already know

We're the ones we've been waiting for, and all that