Some Earth Day thoughts

I know today is Earth Day. I never do anything spectacular for Earth Day. Why? Well, I already try to pitch in where I can to help the environment. I take public transportation. I try not to leave too many lights on. I recycle my newspapers and magazines and tin cans and plastic containers. I even sometimes buy shower gel and soap from the Body Shop. I just do it because it seems like the right thing to do. Besides, I kinda like the idea of all that newspaper ending up back on the newstands somewhere.

Going green is cool. Promoting green policies is cool. But I have a problem with just one day out of the year being set aside for it. For the same reason, I've got a problem with Women's and Black History Months. We don't even have an Earth Month or an Earth Week. Just an Earth Day. That sounds pretty screwy to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell us something we don't already know

We're the ones we've been waiting for, and all that