Oh, brother

Via Neomugwump, a.k.a. one of the few GOP bloggers who's a. moderate and b. sane, is a speech from Ah-nuld, outlining his vision of GOP that isn't run by gibbering freaks and wimpy party-before-country types. Unlike the country-club wing of the party, Ah-nuld knows loss and struggle, people. As he says toward the end of his speech:

When I was 21 years old, I lost my first American bodybuilding competition, in Miami , which I thought for sure I would win. I had already won two Mr. Universe titles in Europe.

When I didn't win, I couldn't believe it. I was devastated. I had let people down. It kept going through my head, "I ' m away from home, in this strange city, in America, and I'm a loser." I cried all night long. I vowed to myself I would work as hard as I could to be strong and I would not be beaten again.

Wow, how inspiring.

In other news, Lincoln Chafee has left the GOP. Would've been nice if he'd done a Jeffords circa 2005, but I have some respect for the guy, and this couldn't have been easy for him, coming as he does from a family of Rockefeller Republicans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell us something we don't already know

We're the ones we've been waiting for, and all that