Why there's never any blackout blogging...

For one thing, there's no electricity to make said blogging possible. That said, my neighborhood of Astoria, Queens was in the dark for about a week. I had a brownout in my own apartment starting on Tuesday, meaning that my 60-watt light bulbs were operating at 10 watts and all my food was ruined. And this dragged on from Tuesday until Sunday or so. AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGH! There are still about 3,000 people in Woodside who still haven't gotten their power back, and it's been over a week.

Luckily, I had Le Sweetie to provide me with a place to sleep that had electricity and A/C, but it still sucked to see my neighborhood (along with four others) in the dark. I'll offer more opinions on the con artists at Con Ed and the mayor's response to this fiasco later...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell us something we don't already know

We're the ones we've been waiting for, and all that