Abandon all hope, ye who seek the nomination here

Li'l Ricky Santorum still hasn't figured out he's irrelevant. Neither has the National Review. Ricky is supporting the Mittster. Even though he kinda sorta admits that Romney isn't really a conservative--in fact, he's just pretending to be one.

“I think Romney, when he decided to run, he’s a smart business guy, and he sort of got his team together and said, ‘What do I need to do to be the conservative candidate?’ and give me the checklist and see if I can check them off,” Santorum said. “And I think over the course of this campaign, you know, I saw the migration from the checklist to his head and from his head into his heart and I really believe that’s where he is today.”

So...Ricky. You're going to knowingly support a pandering GOP moderate, instead of an actual conservative Republican? Dude, there's a reason you were voted out of office.

Anyhow, Santorum is even starring in a series of automated phone calls courtesy of the Romney campaign. He is concerned about McCain's famously hot temper. Translation: McCain called Santorum a total fucking idiot and hurt his feelings.

I'm surprised he didn't call McCain a liberal. Come on, Ricky, where's your imagination?

John Cole, meanwhile, is understandably confused.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell us something we don't already know

We're the ones we've been waiting for, and all that