I have my life back! Yay!

I moved last week during a brutal freezing cold February afternoon. Sheesh, why did we get socked with the freezing weather at the tail end of winter anyway? I'm now living three blocks from my old apartment, in the same neighborhood, in a nice apartment with high ceiling, mucho closet space, and a cool landlady living downstairs. Before I moved, I was proofreading a fantasy novel, AND I was packing, AND I was interviewing a band. The week was nuts.

Well, I've mostly unpacked and I now have my life back. Le Sweetie and I went to see "Dave Chappelle's Block Party" over the weekend, which was a great movie. The weird and incredible thing was the Fugees reunion. Lauryn Hill seemed (thankfully) sane and grounded in the film, and in fine voice. Erykah Badu was also there, ripping off her Afro wig and jumping into the audience. Methinks Erykah needs to show more of her fun, spontaneous side in addition to the earth mother/goddess persona she's got going. This film's sort of a "Wattstax" for a new generation, with Dave subbing for Richard Pryor (and wearing a Richard Pryor t-shirt to boot). Fun is had by all, including the nice lady at the drugstore where Dave goes to buy cigarettes and the marching band at an Ohio college. Yes, Dave invites his neighborhood friends to a Brooklyn block party. Whadda guy.

Tomorrow, the fun begins again as I have this late hardcover book that HAS to be at the printer this week. Sigh...I love late books. Except not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell us something we don't already know

We're the ones we've been waiting for, and all that