I'm sorry I missed the debate--NOT

Spent the night at a show with Le Sweetie. Meat Puppets, followed by Dinosaur, Jr., followed by Built to Spill. Verdict? Show was awesome. Didn't miss the debates.

But man, J. Mascis has gone graaaaaaaaaay. He's well on his way to being one of those aging hipsters who haven't changed their appearance since they were 16 or so. He's got long, long gray hair and all he needs is a tie-dye shirt now.

I have to catch on footage of all the debate jabs, punditry, and Palinesque interview gaffes I've missed.

Especially Palin's gaffes. Like this one from her chat with Couric. She's explaining why she didn't get a passport until last year or so:

I’m not one of those who maybe came from a background of, you know, kids who perhaps graduate college and their parents give them a passport and give them a backpack and say go off and travel the world. No, I’ve worked all my life. In fact, I usually had two jobs all my life until I had kids. I was not a part of, I guess, that culture.

I've worked since I was 16, including summers and college semesters. I came from a single-parent, middle-class family. I got a passport when I was 15 years old and had visited Canada, England, and France before I turned 20. Try again, dear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell us something we don't already know

We're the ones we've been waiting for, and all that